Philip Ng Malaysia CNG / NGV conversion kit installation Diary



Sponsored links!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Installation of CNG / NGV conversion kit into my car

I am driving a Wira 1.5 Aeroback carburetor, a locally made car in Malaysia.

After doing some research online about CNG / NGV conversion kits. Below are the pro and cons

Here are the list of reasons to install the CNG / NGV conversion kit (PROs):
- More economical / efficient combustion(1.5L car running 150km only spend on RM8.50)
- Cleaner engine and environment friendly. Reduce global warming.
- Due to cleaner engine oil oil filter will be cleaner and there save more money in car maintenance
- Natural Gas is much cheaper. Is always more than half the petrol price per litre. Petrol price in Malaysia will increase if world oil increase.
- Improving national security by easing this country's dependence on foreign oil and can reduce government subsidy money which can be used to develop the country
- CNG / LPG / NGV conversion kits are tax free
- Road tax Reduction by 25% for duel-fuel vehicle
- More Natural Gas station will be available in coming future.
- Safe (not easily combusible). Natural gas is ligther than air, thus easily diffuses when exposed to air therefore it make it safer in potential exposure. For the past 50 years of supply, there was no record of human damage.

Of course there are (CONs) as well:
- Need to install a cylinder at the back of the car about the size of home gas cylinder. Slighly bigger. There is a smaller cylinder available. FYI even though you get a big cylinder, you will not get the whole tank fill up as the gas station will only fill up at a certain pressure level and stop. Request for a smaller cylinder tank.
- Natural Gas burning mode pickup is not as good as petrol mode. If you were to drive in KL during the morning and evening rush hour, it is alright as most of the time your car will be low speed.
- Need to find the right time to fill in the gas. If you fill in at KLCC, basically it is very fast as there are more than 10 stations there. Others places, try to avoid filling during peak hours that is morning and evening. Certain station like at Taming Jaya and Seri Kembangan queue are shorter.

Finally I have made up my mind and decided to install the conversion kit on my car.

I have called up the Petronas officer to sent my a list of Installation site and LPG station.

After doing a long list of calling and comparing, finally I was engaged with a person to buy the LPG kit.

On 15 December 2005, I sent my car for CNG / NGV kit installation at Jalan 222. Installation was done by a local authorised conversion installation site and my kit was bought from a a local dealer that supply for BRC brand LPG conversion kit. This brand was made in Italy. According to my friend from India and the supplier, Italy so far have the best LPG kit in the market.

The installation was completed on 16 December 2005 evening.
The installation for Carburetor car are around RM2600 to RM3000 (~USD700 to USD800) and for Fuel injection is from RM4000 to RM5000 ( ~USD1100 to USD1350) including the LPG kits, LPG cylinder tank and installation fees. (Everything).

I have made an agreement with the conversion kit dealer to help to promote his kit online in the internet. Their services is very good and friendly. If you are interested, please write to philipngcc@gmail.com for actual price enquiry for the conversion kits and installation site. Please provide your mobile number, we will contact you.

More posting coming ....

14 Comments:

  • Hi Philip,

    I'm interested to have NGV for my 1.5L Wira Aoeraback injection but the installation is tooo expensive la compare to yours... RM 5987.


    Can i have your dealer contact no? Hope to to get your price.. between 3k-4k is acceptable.

    Tq

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • Dear anonymous,

    It is nice to receive your comment. But how do I contact you?

    Any email?

    Cheers

    By Blogger Philip Ng, at 5:44 PM  

  • Hi Philip,

    How about Proton Waja? How much it costs. Yes, if the price range 3k-4k it is ok, but if more than that not worth to fit it..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

  • Dear anonymous,

    I would advice you to visit the NGV community to read for more information.

    If the installer were to offer 3k-4k . Please gather what components is included (does it exclude any components just to reduce the pricing), what horse power is your regulator, does it inlcude a good mixer (prefer imported type), how is their installation quality (does the pipe straight, how is the wiring quality does it expose to hot casing?). Bad pipe installation will cause the nosy sound during filling up gas and bad installation will result the pipe touching the sharp corner and vibrating will cause the pipe to leakage. Wiring if touches the engine will melt and causing short circuit.

    Just ask yourself whether you are looking for cheapest pricing or quality installation. You might not like to install the cheapest and later find out that you need to spend more money to fix some problem or enhance or change something to your NGV system.


    Write to me if you interested to install with a quality installer. The pricing will be definitely RM4.6K (wira) to RM4.8K (waja). Converting to NGV is something you want to make sure it is the best quality once you installed and last longer and safety and ease of maintenance.

    I have converted my car at RM2800 , I might need to spend another RM500 to RM800 to change my poor piping, buy a TAP device, change my poor wiring add electronic protection kit.

    Write to me if you interested to installed. My email in the blog.
    or write to
    inquiry@hydrotechmy.com

    All the best...

    By Blogger Philip Ng, at 1:12 AM  

  • Hi. Phillip,

    I converted mine yesterday 22/11 .fantastic on the consyumption but then i noted on the temperature gauge that the engine temperature slightly higher compare to if i run on petrol .Will that lead to and damage or short life of my engine .
    Nissan March 1983 1.1L . I intend to convert my Land Rover 2.0Mpi not using "sequential" but proposed by my installer to use "mixer" is it OK .Is my existing ECU adaptable to NGV (readable) appreciate your comment TQ- ahmadfauze@gmail.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:41 PM  

  • hi philip,

    i would like to know exact size of the cylinder . tq

    rieya70@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • hi Philip, Im interested to find out more about the worker who has many years of experience in the installation of CNG. am i too late?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:31 PM  

  • Hi Philip,
    I'm interested to install the NGV system on my yr 2000 Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis 2.4GDi MPV.
    Wonder if the available system support my type of engine?
    Please provide details information on your installer to my email address.
    Appreciate much!
    Jackie

    By Blogger Jackie Chan, at 2:24 AM  

  • HHello Philips. I am thinking of converting my nissan x-trail (2007 model). My HP 012-9373666

    By Blogger jeffreyJS, at 7:12 PM  

  • Looking 4 Your Expert Opinion

    I've 1996-manufactured Land Rover Discovery Series I (turbo-diesel injection-powered 2.5L engine capacity).
    I wish to feed this diesel-powered vehicle to NGV-powered one. Could you please tell me it's possible to find the gadget/kit designed to fit this 4x4 jeep, where can I find it and what is the total cost. Thankyou in advance.

    By Blogger safleyadmad, at 1:00 PM  

  • hi, philip,

    We are cng cylinder manufacturer based in India.

    We wish to export our cylinder to malaysia, could you help us to locate importer of cng cylinder.

    nikhil@sarjuimpex.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

  • hi, philip,

    We are cng cylinder manufacturer based in India.

    We wish to export our cylinder to malaysia, could you help us to locate importer of cng cylinder.

    nikhil@sarjuimpex.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

  • An important thing worth considering is the attorney's focus.
    In most cases, hiring a personal injury lawyer can maximize the compensation that you
    can get as a victim. A crucial passage that expresses the Virgin Mother's emotional pain is in the line:.


    Feel free to visit my weblog - Neinstein And Associates

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing this informative post. We are the Leading CNG Kits Delhi Company licensed by the Government of Delhi as qualified retrofitters. We offer sequential CNG kits of different brands, namely MSEQUENT and MIJO CNG kits Delhi.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home